Posted on: March 28, 2010 10:23 am
Edited on: March 28, 2010 12:31 pm
Ok for all of you curious here are complete rules and participants. (Anyone other than the people I invited if your interested in this just leave a comment on this thread and i'll get back to you) Thanks. Ok here they are,
#1 -- Pick your team name. This can be ANYTHING you want EXAMPLE: " The Hotdogs" it can be anything creative you can think of, (try not use MLB team names.) Get me your team name ASAP.
#2 -- Responses (also called essay's) - Will be due weekly. Each week during the season there will be a new question for you to write your response on, The questions will vary. The essays should be 200 to 350 words long, your choice. Except one catch, if you write 200 you won't get as good of score as you would if you wrote 350. I will explain more in the judging section (#3)
#3 -- Judging, this will be graded in 5 different ways, in which you can get a possible total of 50 points per week, plus poll (Explained in #4) Here is how judging works, you can get 10 points a highest for each catagory.
1. Passion -- How much passion you show in your response, how strong you feel about it.
2. Clarity - How well it's written, Spelling, periods, question marks, commas, Etc.
3. Knowledge - How many facts you include along with maybe some quotes, stat back-ups etc.
4. Response length - How long your resonse is, 200 words would get you a 1, 350 would get you a 10. Get it?
5. Creativity - How creative you are with your response. EXAMPLE: If the question was who is the best pitcher in the game? If you put C.C. Sabathia because his fasball is fast. You woulden't get a high score it needs to be more creative.
#4 -- Poll I put up the responses on poll for the MLB community members to read and vote on which they think is better. Say one team gets 70% of votes and the gets 30% of votes. One team woyuld get an extra 3 points and the other would get an extra 7 points. simple as that, each 10% of vote towards you gets you an extra however many points you get.
#4 -- continued - A good place to see how this works would be on the NBA boards today (3-29-10) go to a NBA Member mayhem week 6 and check it out how the responses work and how voting works.
These are all the main rules, I will have scheudules and standings set up once this starts. Keep checking in and i'm looking forward to a fun year in MLB MEMBER MAYHEM! Thanks everyone, any ?'s or comments just reply to this thread and i'll help you out.
Posted on: March 27, 2010 1:38 pm
Here are my predctions for award winner this year. Leave what you think and even who you think will win each award if you wish.
CY YOUNG (CY)
NATIONAL LEAGUE AMERICAN LEAGUE
HERE ARE MY PREDICTIONS FOR AWARDS AT THE END OF THE 2010 SEASON, ALONG WITH MY PREDICTIONS FOR THERE STATS. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING THIS AND HOPE YOU LEAVE COMMENTS ON WHAT YOU THINK. THANKS FOR CHECKING IT OUT!!