Hello everyone. I figured I might as well post my 2011 NFL Mock Draft. I hope you enjoy it, and any comments are appreciated. Thanks.
1. Panthers - Cam Newton QB, Auburn - Seems to most like a huge risk, but many have Newton going number one overall. The Panthers are in need of a player in just about every roster slot. Newton makes sense, the Panthers do not seem so set on Jimmy Clausen as their "franchise" quarterback, and really, neither does anyone else. Newton can be a brilliant move, or an ugly bust. Only time will tell.
2. Broncos - Marcell Dareus DT, Alabama - The Broncos may have given every team in the NFL a hint as to who they will pick. The release of both Justin Bannan and Jamal Williams shows that they are wanting to reconstruct their defensive line. Nick Fairley and Marcell Dareus are the best DT's avaibible in this years draft. Dareus looks to be a perfect fit in the middle of the defense, with recently re-signed Kevin Vickerson. Marcell will be a very solid pick for the Broncos, and will fulfill one of their biggest needs.
3. Bills - Blaine Gabbert QB, Missouri - Quarterbacks are almost always risky when taken in the first ten picks of the draft, and Gabbert, like Newton, poses at least a minor threat. Gabbert could become a respectable quarterback in a couple years. He, like all other QB's early in their career, will have to go through tough times before it gets good. Ryan Fitzgerald is not what the Bills consider a quarterback they want long term, and Gabbert makes sense, Fitzgerald will give him time to develop.
4. Bengals - A.J. Green WR, Georgia - Ther was talk that Julio Jones may surpass Green in the draft because of his great workouts. I still believe Green goes before Jones, though. Green has good hands, and the Benglas are in serious need of young recievers. Chad Ochocinco and T.O. are going to be gone before you know it, and it is time to rebound the recievers. Although, don't be surprised if the Bengals take a quarterback, the QB situation with Carson Palmer isn't so pretty.
5. Cardinals - Von Miller OLB, Texas A&M - The Cardinals recently lost top linebacker Karlos Dansby to the Dolphins in free agency. They need a linebacker with some youth to come in and revive the linebackers. Von Miller is a good pick to fill their needs. Miller should be able to step right in, and produce with some good defense. Robert Quinn also seems to be a possiblity for Arizona.
6. Browns - Robert Quinn DE, North Carolina - Quinn has overcome some tough life struggles, and now is going to be a top ten draft pick in the NFL. Quinn played great for North Carolina, and some experts have him going as high as pick four in the draft. The Browns could use help on defense, and Quinn is a good value at the sixth pick for them. Da'Quan Bowers may also be considered at this pick.
7. 49ers - Patrick Peterson CB, LSU - Peterson is a great value at pick seven. He could end up being the number one pick in this draft, so if he falls to seven this is a no-brainer. Peterson is considered by most as the "safest" pick. He also has enough size to move to safety, I also see the Broncos considering Peterson, Brian Dawkins and Renaldo Hill are aging.
8. Titans - Nick Fairley DT, Auburn - Earlier in the year Fairley, like Peterson, was in consideration for the first overall pick. His stock has fallen some, and at times Fairley can be a bit of a hot head. That is good to have on the field, but off the field that can result in suspensions and such. Fairley is considered a higher risk, higher reward over Marcell Dareus.
9. Cowboys - Tyron Smith OT, USC - Smith is a strong, and athletic offensive tackle. The Cowboys are sure to take an offensive lineman, and Smith is probably the best lineman in this draft. Mike Pouncey, on Twitter, said "He would be surprised" if he was not playing for the Cowboys next year. Just because his brother had success does not he will be drafted that high.
10. Redskins - Julio Jones WR, Alabama - As mentioned earlier, Jones had some great workouts, raising his draft stock. Originally projected around pick 13-18, I believe Jones jumps up and becomes a top ten selection. Santana Moss is getting older, and not many good recievers after that. Jones is a reasonable pick here for the Redskins.
11. Texans - Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska
12. Vikings - Da'Quan Bowers DE, Clemson
13. Lions - Anthony Castonzo OT, Boston College
14. Rams - Mark Ingram RB, Alabama
15. Dolphins - Aldon Smith DE, Missouri
16. Jaguars - Ryan Kerrigan DE, Purdue
17. Patriots - Cameron Jordan DE, Califorina
18. Chargers - J.J. Watt DE, Wisconsin
19. Giants - Mike Pouncey OG, Florida
20. Buccaneers - Derek Sherrod OT, Mississippi State
21. Chiefs - Muhammad Wilkerson DT, Temple
22. Colts - Nate Solder OT, Colorado